Solutions for Sleepless Nights: Energy Boosts for EntrepreneursBy Stacey Hylen | Category: Lead Story, Mindset
Being an entrepreneur can lead to sleepless nights, launches, projects that must be done, a brain that won’t stop thinking…if you throw some kids into that mix, I am sure you can relate to sleepless nights and not being able to call in sick.
Lately my five year old has been waking me up because she had a nightmare. Unfortunately after I get her back to sleep (usually in less than 3 min) my brain thinks it is morning and will not turn off.
Sometimes I write down all of the brilliant 3am ideas so I won’t forget them or even get out of bed to work, but when the morning comes my butt is dragging.
Here are some steps I take to amp up my energy and be productive despite being tired.
- Don’t let it be an excuse to have a bad day! Tell yourself you are going to have a great day and get into action.
- Crank up the tunes!!! I put on Katy Perry’s ROAR and dance and sing at the top of my lungs, this puts me right into peak state and I feel great.
- Motivate- if you need some outside motivation, grab your favorite motivational book, watch a kick butt video on YouTube, read a page in Steven Pressfield’s book, War of Art and then get going.
- MOVE it: Don’t cancel your workout. yYu will only feel even more lethargic. If you can’t do your regular workout, do a mini workout, just enough to work up a sweat and get your endorphins to kick in and feel great. After a sleepless night or two, I do a mini yoga session, abs and some squats and lunges.
- Dress for how you want to feel. Yes ladies, that means NO YOGA PANTS! Put on something that you feel awesome in and put on your makeup!
- Watch your Fuel; Stay away from sugar, empty carbs and sports drink that will make you crash. Eat something healthy that will give you energy; a green drink, a protein shake, or my fave, protein pancakes.
- Look at your goals and do the most important thing first. Take action and get some momentum going.
I know these tips work so put them into action. Share below what your favorite motivational book or state changing song is to get you going.