Reuse, Re-purpose, RecycleBy Stacey Hylen | Category: Internet Marketing, Lead Story, Marketing, Strategic Planning
One of the things I am always looking for in my client’s businesses is how they can get more leverage and get more out of less in their business. You should regularly look at what existing content or resources that you can reuse, re-purpose and recycle so that you get more than one use out of everything you do. This week I did a webinar on How to Get Through the Gatekeeper and Reach the decision Maker More Quickly. It is a lot of work to create new content and a PowerPoint so I used the key points from my presentation in a blog post.
Here are some places to look in your own business to leverage your content:
- Blog posts can be used to create short snippets for tweets and Facebook and Linked In updates to drive traffic to your blog.
- Speeches can be used for content for videos, blog posts or newsletters.
- Old products can be used for bonuses or incentives with a new product or service.
- Excerpts from books or audios can be used for giveaways in exchange for an opt in to your website.
- Articles and videos can be submitted to article directories like www.EzineArticles.com
- Videos can be submitted to video syndication sites like www.TubeMogul.com for more widespread distribution than you would get on your own site.
- Photos can be used to generate engagement on Social Media sites.
Your business may have some of these or all of these. Schedule a time to look at how you can leverage your existing content and resources. Then going forward whenever you create new content make a plan for using it in multiple ways.Google+